Playlist for for the week of January 28, 2019:
- Mixed Personalities by YNW Melly f/ Kanye West: I came for the Kanye feature but YNW Melly was slightly surprising in a good way.
- Where’s the Catch? by James Blake f/ Andre 3000: Off James Blake’s newest album; this song is so beautiful that I probably would have posted it anyway but the Andre 3K verse really puts this thing over the top.
- Stunt 101 by G-Unit: One of my favorite songs back in middle school; check out the phenomenal video below and get ready for a new Retroactive piece on the album this week!
- MIDDLE CHILD by J. Cole: The newest release by Cole that broke the internet this last weekend; some quotable lines: “The Bentley is dirty, my sneakers is dirty//But that’s how I like it, you all on my dick”; “Just put the Rollie right back on my wrist//This watch came from Drizzy, he gave me a gift”; “I’m dead in the middle of two generations”; get ready for a Cole year
- Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce: One lazy Saturday night of writing turned into me listening to a Jim Croce album with this track on it over and over again and it was the perfect soundtrack.
- House of My Soul (You Light the Rooms) by Langhorne Slim: random song that came on my shuffle; instantly caught my ear and made me feel good and upbeat; has been caught in my head this past week.
- Dear Summer by Jay-Z: One of my favorite Jay-Z verses of all time; this track escaped the grips of Tidal by technically being a song/interlude on Memphis Bleek’s album, 534; “Dear Summer, I know you gon’ miss me//For we been together like Nike Airs and crisp tees”