Another week, another playlist…
Most of these tracks I found through some sort of visual media (eg: instagram, film, Youtube etc.) this week so there’s lots of bonus material to be had below the playlist and write up. Check it out…
Playlist for the week of December 3, 2019:
- Stealin’ by Uriah Heep: A coworker was playing this track and it grabbed me instantly. It’s catchy and the lyrics are dark but humorous at the same time: “Fightin’, killin’, wine and women gonna put me to my grave// Runnin’, hidin’, losin’, cryin’, nothing left to save// But my life”
- I Am the Truth by AZ: Heard this song while watching old Paul Pierce highlights (see below) and this track could not have fit any better.
- Combat by Danny Brown: Always been a fan of Danny Brown but sadly I didn’t even know he had an album coming out this year. If not for this episode of Full Size Run, I would have been late in hearing it. This track is the album closer and it splits between Danny’s trademark “crazy”flow to a more refined, “normal” flow. The beat is bonkers too.
- My Shit by A Boogie Wit da Hoodie: Leave it to Rick and Morty to inspire me to listen to A Boogie Wit da Hoodie for the first time.
- LV Outkast by Jamaar: It’s always great hearing rappers spit actual bars and Jamaar is talented as fuck. Saw his video for this track (see below) while randomly scrolling instagram. Definitely gonna give his catalog a deeper look and listen.
- I Want You Around by Snoh Aalegra f/ 6LACK: This is such a smooth, old-school 90’s type of love song plus I always love hearing new 6LACK feature.
- Finale (William Tell Overture) by Hans Zimmer: I caught the end of the 2013 movie “The Lone Ranger”; specifically the last 10 minutes starting with the climactic train chase. Lone Ranger (played by Armie Hammer) starts the scene off on top of a roof with his horse Silver as this track blasts through the speakers. I’d heard this was a terrible movie overall but this scene was so triumphant. Seeing the the Lone Ranger charge after the train over the rooftops was fucking awesome and inspired me to listen to this track. Surprisingly, I would not recommend this song to drive to as it may cause you to speed…