I was sitting in my backyard reading The Eye of the World completely lost in the words and the story. It was around midnight and it was pitch black except for my book light. The silence around me was deafening. The only sound that could heard was the slow turning of the pages brushing against my fingers. In the corner of my eye I saw a shape streak past my vision and a sound like claws scraping along the fence behind me. I looked back and saw a small white cat with brown spots sitting there with its head cocked. Its eyes gleamed in the night staring back at me. A small “meow” escaped its mouth before it nimbly jumped down to the other side of the fence and was gone… Been awhile since I did one of these posts… Been awhile since I’ve posted anything at all… So here we go… just some music I’ve been listening to in the last week or so… the cat story was just a bonus. Enjoy…
Playlist for the week of February 17, 2020:
- Smash Shit Up by Dropkick Murphys: Love hearing some new Dropkick especially this close to March. We may see this track make another “steez you hear” appearance around St. Patty’s Day.
- Cry Baby Cry by Ramsey Lewis: I have no idea where I heard this song but the more I listen to it, the more I love it. All instrumental but it’s deep and infectious and compels you to nod your head and tap your feet.
- Easter Sunday by Zelooperz f/ Earl Sweatshirt: This song came on as a random Spotify algorithm track after my playlist had ended. I stayed for Earl but I fell in love with the song from start to finish regardless. The beat is crazy and Earl doesn’t disappoint (per usual).
- Nightmares of the Bottom by Lil Wayne: I know, I know… Lil Wayne has a new album out… but I can’t stop listening to old Wayne. The homie Avery had this on his Instagram the other day and it got me back to bumping the Carter’s I-IV.
- Wildfire by John Mayer f/ Frank Ocean: I love Frank Ocean’s voice and this is such a beautiful song. Throw in John Mayer and this collab is an all-timer that I’m surprised I’d never heard. Short but sweet.
- Our House by Crosby, Stills and Nash: I love the bounce this song carries. It’s lyrics are nice but it’s really the rhythm and melody that catches me on this song.
- Drizzy Draco by Maxo Kream: Big ups to the homie Andrew for putting me onto Maxo (even though I didn’t listen at first). This track is unbelievably infectious and it’s got a fire video as well (see below).